Sweet Potato Gratin
- 2 lbs Mim’s Famous Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 lbs Pacific Gold Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Progressive Farms fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tbsp Progressive Farms fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp Progressive Farms fresh sage, minced
- ⅓ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 6 oz Gruyère cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and allow to simmer for 1–2 minutes. Slowly add the cream and then the herbs. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and potatoes, then cut into ¼" thick slices. We recommend using a mandoline slicer so the rounds are the same thickness. Add the potato slices to a bowl and toss with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish with butter or baking spray.
- Arrange slices in the dish in rows, overlapping and alternating the potato types and colors.
- Pour the cream mixture over the potato slices, gently pressing them down.
- Sprinkle the shredded Gruyère on top. Cover your dish with tin foil and pop into the oven for 40 minutes.
- When baking is done, remove the tin foil and place back in the oven for 10–15 minutes longer, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and your gratin top is a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Enjoy!