Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash
- 2 cups Mim's Famous Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs (optional, for topping)
- Fresh parsley or chives, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until it becomes crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, add the chopped onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until they become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, smoked paprika, and dried thyme to the skillet. Sauté for an additional minute until the spices become fragrant.
- Add the cubed Mim's Famous Baby Yams to the skillet. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they become tender and slightly crispy at the edges.
- Stir in the diced red and green bell peppers and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Return the crispy bacon to the skillet and mix it into the sweet potato and vegetable mixture. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat the bacon.
- If desired, make four wells in the hash and crack an egg into each well. Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny.
- Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, garnish the hash with fresh parsley or chives.
- Serve hot, either as is or with toast or a side of Mim's Famous Sweet Potato wedges for extra sweetness and flavor.